Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
I have been playing around with making sourdough for the last couple of months and I have to say I'm glad I didn't have the internet last time I was into bread making, the amount of complicated steps and advice is a real turn off. I'm danged sure the old "sourdoughs" (prospectors) weren't weighing their ingredients and autolyzing their mixture or stretching and folding every 30 minutes, and I'm determined to succeed at making a simple loaf without all the extra BS.
(4)

Turkey necks and sauerkraut with caraway, and red cabbage, apple and onion fritters with sour cream.

nacy - lasagna is always yum. I hear you about the sink full of dishes. Finally did mine.

peasuep - sounds good. Kale is so healthy for you.
(0)

This is so cool! 13,000+ menu ideas! And a 10 year run!
Well I’m in with radiatore, kale, Italian turkey sausage casserole with TJs four cheese blend. Wish I had a glass of red wine but I’m out.
(2)

Lasagna rolls, garlic bread !
All ready to pop in the oven. And a sink full of dishes waiting for me
(1)

😋
(1)

Pan fried salmon, tartar sauce, roasted patty pan squash, apple cole slaw, R had sauteed leeks as well. It all worked well together. Tea and a cookie for dessert.
(4)

Been enjoying salads for a while but it's cooler here today so I made some chicken soup and am poaching some sole in a very light tomato sauce. I think it will end up being a tomato fish stew/soup which is fine with me. Making hay while R is away. It wouldn't be enough for him.
(2)

we got a dozen steamed crabs yesterday, finished them up today with enough extra for hubs to make cream of crab soup. Also fresh corn on the cob and "red beet eggs", or pickled eggs if you call them that,, LOL
(5)

Spinach, fresh from a friends garden, rice pork chops and homemade apple sauce 😋
(2)

I am making angel hair pasta and meatballs. I will probably add cheese on it as well served with a side dish of veggies.
(2)

I lined my colander with coffee filters Riverdale. If I get into doing this I might get one of those washable mesh filters, I have a small mesh sieve but it's not nearly big enough.
(0)

cwillie, did you use cheesecloth to make the yogurt?
(0)

The peaches are coming to the supermarket with lower prices every week so I'm going to can a few, I'm putting them in 250 ml jam size jars because I tend to not want to eat more than that all at once. Things are so expensive at my local store so I'm looking for ways to economize (because I'm cheap like that)
(3)

Fish ‘n chips from town! To celebrate 25 years since we moved here and shacked up. (we have since married)
(4)

I've been reading about making yogurt in the instant pot and my last litre of Greek yogurt was almost finished so I figured why not give it a try - oh my, it was so easy and it's economical too, I may never buy yogurt again!
(2)

Golden, nice!! To hot here for nice meals, sausage on the grill, potato salad and corn on the cob
(2)

Greek here tonight. Roasted rack of lamb, roasted eggplant, wilted cucumber salad with sour cream, cherry tomatoes. If I ate more carbs I would serve rice or quinoa with it.
(2)

CWillie, some of our best meals have been the same type of creative covering, I mean cooking. Your description sounds yummy!
(2)

Enjoy your company, and your eggplant!
(0)

Enjoy your visit and your eggplant!
(0)

I was gifted a family sized can of maple baked beans (from my sister's MIL's pantry, expired so they couldn't be donated). How to use so many sweet, sweet beans?
I added in a handful of cooked great northern beans, some onions, green peppers, a sausage and a diced sweet potato, and to balance all that sweetness a good amount of smokey chipotle pepper. I'm licking my bowl!
(4)

Way, haha I thought brinner was a good, so I looked it up.

Cwillie, that sounds awesome
(1)

Beef, mashed potatoes, mushrooms and Caesar salad.
Our omnivore (whose roommate is our vegetarian) is home for a week. She misses meat.
(2)

Brinner . Breakfast for dinner.
(2)

Chicken mozzarella pasta dish and salad!
(0)

I made a salad for dinner tonight too.
My daughter said that certain places, not here though are having salmonella issues with cucumbers. I love cucumbers!
(1)

Way,

Yep! Splitting an entree is the way to go! You did very well! 😁
(1)

It’s NeedHelpWithMom’s fault !

Was running errands this afternoon , then had to go with DH to pick up my car at dinner time after routine maintenance . DH said why don’t we grab a bite , he didn’t want leftovers . I said I didn’t want anything hot .

DH said how about that salad you like at Applebees since it’s on the way home.
Need said it and somehow it got in DH’s brain!

I don’t even remember the last time we were at Applebees. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️.

Soooooo, I had the oriental salad 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️.

So Need said it was 1570 calories.
The menu said it was 1250 calories with the grilled chicken ( instead of fried ) which is what I had.
However , I only eat 1/2 and I bring home 1/2 for lunch tomorrow. If I eat it by then it’s ok , not too wilted from the dressing.
Also I don’t eat the large breadstick at all that comes on it .
So I think just 1/2 the salad with no breadstick isn’t too bad .
(4)

cw,

I love fresh peaches! So delicious! I have been buying fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and pineapple.
(1)

I can make soup or smoothies with frozen fruits and veggies any old day, I am seldom willing to pay the inflated prices in my town for the fresh stuff so I want to make the most of it.
(the peaches are delicious by the way)
(0)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter