Follow
Read More
1 2 3 4 5
Way,

My granddog has free rein at our home. As you know, I love when he visits. He visits all the time with my daughter and we keep him most of the time when she travels.

He is great with other dogs but he has a strong prey drive with cats, birds, squirrels and bunnies.

In fact, he was placed for adoption because he ate a bunny. Bunnies are all over in Colorado where my daughter was living at the time.

After he ate the bunny, his owner took him to the vet because he was sick.

The owner never went back to pick him up. This was during Covid and people were losing jobs, etc. Maybe, the owners couldn’t afford the vet bills.

The vet gave him meds and he was fine. He was placed in a shelter afterwards. My daughter adopted him when he was 11 months old.

We could never get another cat. Our granddog would eat the cat!

I love cats and dogs. Unfortunately, I am allergic to both. I have to take meds to control my symptoms when I am near animals.
(1)

We had no pets when the kids were growing up .

DH was “ Animals belong outside not in the house “ guy .

Well when my daughter came back home after graduating college she wanted a kitten . I had to talk DH into it .

My daughter brought home the cutest tiny runt . She’s now 6 years old and is still only 7lbs .

Within 1/2 an hour the kitten was sitting on DH’s knee .

My daughter lived with us for 2 years after college then she moved to her own apartment nearby and took her cat with her . This was June of 2020.

By mid August 2020, we went and got our own kitten .

DH is such a mush with her . She sits on his lap at his desk , and she attends Zoom meetings .

My cat is larger and wants to play when my daughter brings her tiny cat . The tiny cat wants no part of my cat . She lets my larger cat know who’s in charge .

My daughter’s cat does not come nearly as often anymore since my daughter moved an hour away about 18 months ago . But when she does , the cat knows where she is and runs right up to my daughter’s old room to check it out . Then she eventually checks out the entire house .
(2)

Nacy,

Awwww…your poor kitty! Glad you and hubby got her out.
(1)

Needs , lol that's adorable, I do love cats. Partly why we decided to not replace are pool.

Last year the liner went , there was about a foot left of water in it. And are Sammy got in it. I heard a weird screaming noise, her little head was poking out.

I couldn't get in the pool cuz there was no ladder, it was actually pretty funny after the fact. watching me running around in circle, on the ring doorbell trying to figure out what to do. Hubby finally heard the commotion and we got her out together. But I said nope , no more pool for us! And I realized I'm not good under pressure
(3)

Nacy,

My cat had a couple of dog friends. I got her as a kitten and she grew up with my roommate’s dog. They were pals.

She liked my mom and dad’s dog too.

She was not fond of dogs that she didn’t know. She turned into an attack cat if a stray dog entered our yard.

She was sweet but she could be sassy too!

I adored her personality. She was my favorite of all the cats that I have had. They are like people. They all have their own distinct personalities.

She was so funny at times. I started saving a paper bag for her when I went to the grocery store.

One time I dropped an empty bag on the floor. The bag fell opened and landed on its side.

She crawled inside of the bag and peered out it like it was her own little tent.

She loved hiding in places.

Once, I accidentally shut my sock drawer with her curled up inside. I heard her crying and when I opened the drawer, she popped out like a jack in the box! 😝
(2)

Nice cat stories! 😊

Rocky likes going out on the balcony but the magpies don't like it at all. They started squawking when she went out ( nd at other times) and yesterday two dive bombed her. She's very cautious and came in right away.

I'm wondering if there is anything that will keep the magpies away. Any suggestions?
(2)

Needs, I have a cat that chases dogs and goes after them sometimes, but it's funny, she only does it to the dogs that , high stung and not cooperating well with there parent/owner.

So it's kinda cute, it's like she is telling them to knock it off and mind your walker better
(3)

My cat was the sweetest kitty. She would curl up in my lap and purr, but let a dog enter the yard and she would hiss loudly at them!

LOL, 😝 My neighbors referred to her as an attack cat!
(4)

Yuck Golden.

Cats, can't live with them, can't live without em. LOL
(4)

My Rocky has taken to depositing her fur balls around my bed. Twice I've stepped on them in bare feet in the middle of the night. Ewwww!
(5)

We lost our last cat who was the brother of my kitty that I have now to lung cancer. He went so fast. One day I noticed him coughing. Six weeks later his breathing was so labored we had to have him put down. I still miss him so much. He was this big tabby with big round eyes. People always told us he looked like a teddy bear. His name was Daniel

It will be three years in August since we lost him. I'll post pic of him on my avatar.
(3)

Gershun,

When my kitty had to be put down at 16 years old, the vet handed me the entire box of tissue to take home because I was crying so hard. It’s like losing a family member.

My husband was a dog guy. I love cats and dogs and owned both. He grew up with dogs.

He asked me to ask my mom if I could leave my cat at their house, so I could visit her when we saw my parents. She was my cat. I wanted her with me. Besides that she wasn’t my parents’ responsibility.

I didn’t even consider that. I told my husband that we were a package deal, marry me with my cat or else we weren’t getting married!

He must have loved me because he said that he would try to get used to owning a cat.

Well, it wasn’t long before the cat won him over! He loved her as much as I did.
(2)

I want to be a lucky cat with a nice owner in my next life……
(3)

Thank you Need.

We do everything we can for him but the stupid disease will win in the end.

He's curled up against my side right now.
(2)

Onions and Garlic also bad for Cats .

Yeah , I never get angry when she vomits. I feel bad for her . She gets so scared .
She’s timid to begin with. She does not like change at all .
(1)

Gershun,

I am so sorry that your kitty had a bad day. He’s very fortunate to have a momma who loves him so much! He’s been a sweetie in your life. It’s obvious how much you love him.

My brother has been sending me the cutest pictures of his cat sleeping on his keyboard. He has to move him to use his laptop.

It’s amazing to me how cats can get comfy anywhere! You know what people say, “I live with my cat! They don’t live with us.” They expect us to adapt to their world. Too funny! 😄
(2)

Thx Send for the reminder. There are a few things that are toxic to animals. I know that mushrooms and raisins are a couple of other things that are toxic to cats among others.

Speaking of kitty vomit, my kitty vomited all over the place today. But he has kidney disease so it's to be expected. I'm usually able to steer him away from the rug when I start to hear the horrible vomit sounds coming from him. I never scold him even if he does get the rug. I know he can't help it. Poor thing.
(3)

When your cat is shedding
When your cat throws up
When throwing up is rare
So it scares her
To run through the only room
With carpet .
🐈🙀😿🧼🧽
(2)

Thank you for the reminder Send~
(3)

Good morning! Hubs is on a zoom meeting in the living room, so I am hiding out in the bedroom with my chocolate croissant and coffee.

I wanted to remind everyone that chocolate is toxic to pets and wild animals.
Cats, dogs, squirrels, pet birds and wild birds, and more.....

People do forget sometimes, maybe because we express our love by feeding the animals, and mistakenly a treat we like holds more affection in it?

Here is the truth:
Chocolate is toxic to birds and can be deadly. Chocolate contains theobromine and caffeine, which can cause vomiting, diarrhea, hyperactivity, heart arrhythmias, seizures, internal bleeding, and death in birds. Darker chocolate is more toxic because it contains more cacao, which contains theobromine and caffeine. Birds may be more susceptible to theobromine's toxic effects because of their smaller size and faster metabolism.
(5)

I am so glad Dumbledore is better! I don't have a kitty cat right now, but in the future would love one. I tend to love calicos especially. I had a British medium-hair that looked like a Russian blue named Smokey and a calico named Dolly until I was 17. I watched them be born (they were sisters). Dolly only liked me lol. I do love cats and would like to have one named Twizzler, although I am partial to black cats to and would name one Midnight. I am watching short videos on YouTube called Cat Memes and it makes me laugh.

My cats used to like to bat at my feet in the morning while I was half awake and half asleep. It sure did wake me up! One time a real mouse got in from the house and I told Dolly and Smokey, "Well, go get it!" They blinked at me like "What, are we supposed to do something?" Some might hunters, lol
(0)

Hi, Ali! He's much better. Is eating lots of wet food, occasionally niggles at the dry stuff but eating small meals like 6 times a day. He's 11 or 12.
(3)

Hi Barb, I just saw your posts about Dumbledore. So sorry he's not well! How distressing to see him going through this. Increased eating and some weight gain sounds good... Is he still on the mend? How old is he? Hope he's doing a little better. 💙😔💙

He is such a cutie. 😻
(2)

He is such a cute kitty, Barb.
(0)

With that litter-box-sit-in you were almost certainly looking at bladder stone (which may have passed) or crystals. Keep as low ash as you can in that fancy feast, but yeah, once they have THAT you can forget the other crap, ha ha ha. They love it. Look at ash content if listed on ingredients and go with lower ones if you can and mix in just a tablespoon of water or so with each can so he keeps good fluid input to help that bladder. I would bet on this. Not a whole lot of money, of course, but I would bet.
Thanks for the update, Barb, on dear Kitty D.
(1)

I'm sorry not to have updated about Dumbledore (he's in my avatar photo now).

He's doing well. He turns up his nose at most food, but is scarfing down little cans of Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers at the rate of 3 to 4 a day right now.

He was down to 12 lbs at the vet and seems to have gained a few ounces. No other symptoms right now; really no idea what was going on there, but it was scary.

Thanks so much for all of your support and love!
(7)

Barb any updates on Dumbledore?
(1)

Barb,
How is Kitty D. doing?
(2)

Yay Dumbledore! Keep eating your food and stop worrying your Mom.
(5)

Hope Dumbledore continues to improve.
Just read this entire thread from the beginning (7 years!), and it's timely. I have Mamacita, a little Russian blue inherited from my late brother. Now she's 20 yrs old. She's blind (not a deal-breaker for indoor-only cats) and she knows her paths to food/bed/litter. Still enjoys food, cuddles, and lecturing me when I sleep later than she deems appropriate.
(3)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter