Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Golden your an early riser, I'm actually trying to make myself go to bed later, Ifor ten years I worked in a hotel, did breakfast, got up at 4 am. I really got 4am drilled into my internal clock.

That's a good idea , raising the litter boxes. The angle I scoop the litter is not a position my back likes me to do. Lol I never thought of raising them. Can't do that to are older over weight girl but might have to someday.
(0)

nacy I haven't raised the box, it just has higher sides, but it is in a location I can get at to clean up with less bending.

Not really an early riser but one with weird sleep habits. I generally wake up in the small hours, take my thyroid meds then wait an hour (while on my laptop) to have coffee and a little early breakfast. Some nights I get spurts of housekeeping energy that I can indulge in when R is away. When he is here I don't want to disturb him. Then I go back to bed and catch a little more sleep.
(1)

Oh golden, I get it now, but raising them is also I good idea.

Yeah I love, the peacefulness of the early morning when the rest of the world is asleep, except I need the sleep, so I'm trying to break the habit.
(0)

Speaking of cats named socks, I have a Siamese cat, with a Hitler mustache.

Her name is chi, not Hitler. She hides a lot, I'm her one and only favorite owner. When company does see her they giggle. Maybe she hides cuz she is embarrassed. 🤷
(1)

Regarding litter boxes. Instead of using an actual litter box, we have been buying those Sterilite clear plastic storage boxes to use as a litter box. The sides are a bit higher and the box is a bit larger. So many sizes to choose from. Less chance of litter being kicked out.

Oh, do not use the Hefty brand of clear plastic storage boxes as a litter box, as for some reason the urination odor gets into the plastic and smells terrible. No such problem with the Sterilite storage boxes.
(3)

Sad news to report.

We had to have our beloved Henrick put down today.

My heart is broken.
(5)

I’m so sorry ,((((Gershun )))).
(1)

My heart is broken for you Gershun......Henrick couldn't have had a better cat Mother....I'm so sorry.
(2)

Gershun -big (((((((hugs)))), His journey is over. I know you will miss him terribly. So sad. Take comfort that he had a great life with you.
(2)

So sorry about your sweet Henrick. Saying goodbye to them is one of the hardest things to do for our beloved fur babies.
(1)

Oh Gershun, I am so sorry for your loss. They just do not live long enough.

I have to say, I believe that all of our loved ones that have gone on before will be there to welcome us to our Heavenly home, so you will see your furry friend again.
(1)

Gershun,
Henrick 💔
(1)

So sorry 😔 Gerhsun! 💓🙏
(1)

I am so sorry Gershun, it is never easy but the memories remain,
(2)

Gershun
So sorry for your Henrick.
I know it is a terrible loss.
(1)

Thx everyone for your kind thoughts about my sweet kitty.

He was unique. Just like his brother who passed 3 yrs. ago. I always used to say "He's an all around great little guy" Sure was.
(3)

((((((hugs)))) Gershun
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter