Follow
Read More
Always Send.
(1)

May God give you strength Send~
I'm so sorry about your Tweety~
(2)

My Tweety died. 🌠🌠🐦🌠🌠
There was no question when I checked on him at 10 p.m.

He went peacefully, and I feel relieved that he did not suffer, and we did not need to consider how or when his life ended.

Thank you everyone for caring about us.
(7)

Glad it was peaceful, send. Take care.
(3)

So sorry send help. Pet birds are so sweet, I had a few years ago.
(3)

Praise The Lord for a peaceful passing Send. You are a good bird momma.
(4)

Send ,
So sorry . Glad Tweety was taken care of and comfortable . You did a great job .
(5)

Send i am so sorry, but that bird had a very lucky life with you. You did your utmost and I am sure he knew it in his own way.
(3)

Tweety is probably telling all the birdies in Heaven about how great you are Send.

Don't be surprised if another bird lands in your yard.
(3)

Thank you everyone!
Feeling so supported, thankful for all of you here.

If any more animals show up wanting to move in,
I will refer them to you.

Our enjoying pets journey is over now, we have retired
and would never want someone else to take over our responsibility
if we could not care for a pet.

I am so thankful that Tweety found us and moved in on that hot August day,
six years ago.
(3)

So my kitty is in end stage kidney disease. I feel sometimes like I'm on death watch. He has bounced back several times during this journey but his latest bloodwork showed that he is very anemic. His hemoglobin should be between 103 and 162 and his is at 85. He also has pancreatitis.

Today he hasn't eaten at all. So I'm once again thinking this is almost it. Will he bounce back again? What I've read states that once a cat with kidney disease becomes anemic the end is near.

So I guess the reason I'm posting is just to say that I almost hope that he dies soon. This up and down and watching and wondering is hard. He's almost 17 and has had a great life.

Anyway, please say prayers for my Henrick. Thank you!
(6)

Prayers for your Hendrick and you. Our beloved pets just do not live long enough. May he pass peacefully and not suffer.
(3)

So sorry, gershun. I have wondered how he is doing. it's hard to watch them in hose last days and hours. (((((hugs)))) and prayers
(1)

Thank-you Golden and Real.

I hope he bounces back but then I hope he doesn't. It's so hard to watch and worry.

But thx for your support.
(2)

Gurshen, I'm so sorry, it's never easy, thinking of you and keep us updated
(1)

I have a cat issue, I'm at a loss of what to do.

I have 3 cats, one is simes, scared of her own shadow, only likes me and only comes around when I'm alone. Step daughter dropped her off, so this was not an adoption by choice, but I love her.

Anyways, she is a princess, if the litter box is not perfectly clean, I find presants for me. But I don't mind that, it's a good insensitive to keep the litter box clean.

Anyways the last month, nothing has changed at I'm still scooping littler all the time keeping it clean, but she is going number 2 in different spots during the night. She has never done this before.

Anyone have any clue what the heck is going on?
(0)

nacy, I have a cat that's very strange about her litter boxes. If I put anything near it, she won't use it. If it is in the wrong place she won't use it. So I now have 2 boxes in different rooms. At one point she was using one for no 1 and the other for no 2. Now she has abandoned the first box and uses the second one for everything. She is a vigorous scratcher so some litter gets out of the box. I am buying a deeper litter box and hope that will work.

I did had an aging cat start not using the litter box for no. 2. It was pretty consistent and he was 16 1/2 and had some other health issues so I had him put down. The vet had said to me any time you are ready, bring him in,

How old is your Siamese?

Gershun - thinking of you and Hendrick.
(3)

Golden, She is 12, I hope she figures it out and it doesn't get worse till she gets older.

😆, she did the same thing. I couldn't believe it, saved one litter box for number one and one for number 2s. That seemed to of stopped also.

I have 3 cats, 2 large litter boxes , both in the same room. Are kitty litter room. 😆 I think I'm going to get another box , and put it some place else, see if that helps
(2)

My cat is a vigorous scratcher in the box too . She has a deep litter box and still manages to kick out the litter . I can’t get myself to buy one of those boxes with a top , I just feel like it’s so confining and not natural that I fear it would cause a problem . Those covered boxes don’t seem to be very big . My cat is big , not fat , she’s just a large cat .

My daughter in law bought a covered litter box , now one of her two cats will not go #2 in any litter box , even after putting the old litter box back . She’s at her wits end . She hired a cat behaviorist , but it’s not working .

My DH’s home office is also the kitty litter room 😜. So the box is in a far opposite corner from his desk . It’s supposed to be a formal living room so it’s a big office . We always sit in the family room off the kitchen . The cat climbs up sometimes and joins him in Zoom meetings .
(2)

Way , I always felt like the covered litter box is better, because it gives them privacy. Funny the different thinking here. But actually maybe I'll get just the pan in another room. With out the top and try that first.

We have a very large older cat also, fat too, so had to get extra large litter boxes. I've even. Thought of getting a large rubber maid container with a lid to turn it into a large litter box for are large cat but she is 15 and starting to loose some of her fat. But if she got bigger I would of had to do that. She is about 20lbs. We have done everything to keep her weight down, but try to keep her outta the food the other 2 kitties leave behind is next to impossible. I think it's her bread too.
(0)

@Anxiety ,

Yeah I’ve thought about building a big box with a high ceiling and 3 sides . And I could just slide the litter box in and out to clean it .

The rubber maid with a top is a good idea .
(0)

The new one I am getting has very high sides and you can buy a top separately. I'll see if she uses it first. The one she has stopped using has a top with a door flap. She would not use it with the door flap so I leave it open. I'm going to take off the top and she if she will use it like that. I know she prefers it in the open (its a little room we use for the printer and storage) not in a dark corner, but the one she uses is in my bathroom under some shelves in a corner and she like it. Go figure! I know she likes the bathroom and inspecting the shower stall and walking around the edge of the tub. It's "our" room.

R had a saddle he was refinishing for his oldest son in the storage room and he took it south with him. It just occurred to me that may be why she isn't using that box - it's a big change, She likes some changes but not others. None of my other many cats have been tihs fussy!

way - you can buy cat boxes that look like furniture. I've seen them on Amazon. Funny about the Zoom meetings.

macy - that's a bi.g cat. I hope you find what works for your Siamese
(1)

@Golden,

Yeah , I know about the furniture looking boxes . My daughter in law had one of those too at one point . She said it just got gross was hard to clean . I was going to build my ( larger than the furniture type ) box out of a Formica that would be easy to clean . I have thinnish sheets of Formica standing up against the two walls in the corner where her box is that I wipe down with cleaner daily and vacuum and clean the floor area daily too . I have one vacuum in the room dedicated just for the litter area . And a box with the cleaning supplies in the room . It works .
I like Nacy’s idea about the large plastic box . It would be more light weight to clean then my Formica box that would be a bit heavy . I would have to tip onto one side to clean the ceiling inside . Or I thought about no ceiling just three walls .
(1)

I'm fortunate that she doesn't mess the walls, just kicks a little litter out in front. Formica sounds good if you need something like that.

They are all different, If she would go with a big box on top I think it would work ok and it would look better. I can understand that it could get messy.

My previous cat was a large cat too. He was long, not fat, and I had to get xl litter boxes for him, but he was very tidy going about his business. Never any spillage anywhere. I used clay for him but since have gotten allergic to it so use crystal and corn cob litter now.

I have wondered about the top opening litter boxes that prevent the kicked litter escaping and are supposed to catch the litter that sticks to their paws. I don't know how she would take one of those. And when cats get older they may not be able to jump up.

I got some new pots, soil and grass seeds and the grass is growing well on the balcony. She goes out several times a day for some "salad". I'll have to bring them in for the winter and set her up with a little garden corner so she still has greens then. Carrot tops are growing too. Apparently cats can eat carrot tops though she prefers grass. Maybe when they get bigger she will eat them too. 🥕
(1)

@Golden,

My cat likes to use the corners of the box , which is why she kicks out litter and which is why I was going to build a large box that would still give her room . I was not going to have the walls of the box right up against the litter box .
(1)

Ah, gotcha! What we do for our pets!!! Good idea to have dedicated cleaning stuff handy.
(2)

Every night now , I have to lay on the couch put my knees up and make a tent for my car to sleep in. Crazy what we do. 😹
(3)

Henrick is hanging in there Golden. Thx for asking.
(4)

Gurshen, hope Hendrik is still doing ok.

I figured it out!! My Siamese cat stopped going number 2 in the box after, I soaked the boxes in dish soap and a little bleach. She has been better the last couple days. I'll leave out the bleach next time. 😆
(2)

Gershun - that's good news!

nacy - way to go!!! Great that you figured it out. Some of them are very touchy.

I rearranged Rocky's new litter box (with higher sides) to a spot that's easier for me to clean around (picture me at 5 am on my hands and knees scrubbing) and spent some time with her reassuring her it was OK. I know she gets put off easily. But all is well so far. She has "christened" it both ways so it should be good now. I may get the top for it yet. We'll see. I'm getting too old for this hands and knees stuff. We can take mats and boxes down to the carwash bay in the underground parking to clean them.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter